HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

READ...if you have performance issues

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tyrmael
Vice GM

Number of posts : 207
Class : Warrior Priest
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: READ...if you have performance issues   Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:58 pm

Hi all, just thought i'd make a thread to try and help any of you that have performance issues on WAR, its not a miracle nor is it guaranteed to work on every system but i'll tell you what i did, and now my my game runs on max settings at a similar performance to WoW.

Firstly anyone who is a gamer should know all of this so you may already have done it, this is for those who havent.

1. Drivers... 5 days ago Nvidia released a new driver version on their official site, if you use Nvidia cards and havent checked for updates in a while i suggest you do, it has increased gfx stability for WAR by a large margin.

2. Virtual memory... Windows (atleast XP) defaults its pagefile to around 2gig min - 4gig max. i have increased this to 3gig minimum and i get a hell of alot less stuttering and stalling in Scenarios and heavily populated areas, its still not perfect but along with the official performance patch coming soon this should pretty much eliminate it im hoping.

3. Card Settings... I'm saying this for Nvidia only cos i have no idea how the ATI cards work and in what format the system settings are in but im presuming you can still attain the desired effect. In the Nvidia control panel make profile for WAR and have a fiddle with the driver-side GFX settings, WAR seems to leave alot of its settings to the system including AA and Anistropic filtering. before i had a fiddle WAR was defaulting to an extremely high level of AA and A-filtering using the default profile in my gfx Controls that i use for desktop apps, which it was applying to both models and attempting to apply to all spell effects, resulting in extremely choppy RVR, Scenarios and high pop areas, if you tell it to use some more realistic settings and override the game to use these you will see a significant boost in FPS accross the board.

All these are quick things i tried and worked, please feel free to add more to this thread on any others things you found helped, and remember boys and girls... Defrag your disks!

Tyrail

Back to top Go down
View user profile
jinxo
[CH] Member

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: READ...if you have performance issues   Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:30 pm

i'll try them out when i get home.
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Arnoo
[CH] Member

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: READ...if you have performance issues   Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:05 pm

I did everything i could find on the tech forum on warhammeralliance except upgrading from 1 to 2 gig, so i'm off to the store now. I hope that at least my stuttering in scenarios will be gone Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aranas
[CH] Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-09-13

PostSubject: Re: READ...if you have performance issues   Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:42 pm

Would be good if someone could tell me how to do this on an ATI card Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Geralt
[CH] Member

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: READ...if you have performance issues   Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:08 pm

another big tip; DEFRAG! It really helps very very much
Back to top Go down
View user profile
corbulo
[CH] Member

Number of posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: READ...if you have performance issues   Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:55 pm

another big tip...make sure pc's and laptop are dusted out...seems my main problem was that my GPU was overheating...cpu was reaching temp at about 80 now with it being dust-free it's lowered to 50. It helps alot Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kazoll
[CH] Member

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: READ...if you have performance issues   Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:55 pm

Other things I've heard that help:

• Turning off the grass
  • Getting the newest audio drivers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kowlier
[CH] Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: READ...if you have performance issues   Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:44 pm

and where can i get audio drivers :p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frostbite
[CH] Officer

Number of posts : 39
Class : Warrior Priest
Registration date : 2008-09-18

PostSubject: Re: READ...if you have performance issues   Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:05 pm

kowlier wrote:
and where can i get audio drivers :p

Depends what audio card you have kowlier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: READ...if you have performance issues   

Back to top Go down

READ...if you have performance issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cry Havoc :: Public :: Camp Fire-
Jump to: